Monday, May 19, 2008

The Highest Annual Rainfall in the World: Wailua River on Kauai Island, Hawaii

A photo that I took of the Wailua River on the island of Kaua'i, looking downstream toward the Pacific Ocean. The headwater area of this river receives the highest annual rainfall in the world, at 460 inches (11,700 mm).

I was in Hawaii last week attending the ASCE/EWRI Environmental and Water Resources Congress. I presented a paper and moderated a technical session on certification guidelines for stormwater manufactured treatment devices, and later presided over a committee meeting on the same topic.

While enjoying the nice weather and beautiful scenery in Hawai'i, I was saddened by the devastating news of earthquake in China.

My ablum contains additional photos of the Hauai Island.

No comments: